Although we work primarily through child sponsorship, we are not just a child sponsorship organization. We are a child development organization.
Child development begins with a commitment to the children and families we serve but goes beyond simply being involved in their lives. It involves long-term dedication and perseverance. It doesn’t occur overnight. Child development equips children today with the skills to succeed tomorrow. It’s an investment in a child…for a lifetime. Child development is also dynamic. It changes as a child’s needs change. It’s personal, individualized and relational. And it’s tailored to ages, gender, health, cultures and family situations.
We provide an age-graded curriculum to our church partners to help them minister to their children consistently. The curriculum is based on the measurable outcomes we hope to see spiritually, physically, cognitively and socio-emotionally. We’re successful when the children in our Child Sponsorship Program:
- commit their lives to Christ,
- choose good health practices,
- are physically healthy, are motivated to learn new skills,
- demonstrate the skills to support themselves in the future
- and interact with others in healthy and compassionate ways.
We Equip young people with the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors to succeed; There’s nothing like seeing a young person emerge from poverty as a true leader. That’s what JCDC does — it equips youth ages 12 and older with customized training and educational paths according to their own unique potential, and God-given talents and purpose.
Through the provision of the Youth Development Program, students may receive assistance with formal education needs, nonformal education opportunities and income generation training.
- Formal education includes access to secondary school, college, and preparation assistance for entrance exams.
- Nonformal education includes vocational training, (baking, hair dressing, Fashion and Designing, Sandal making, book making, etc) apprenticeships, assistance with job searches and computer skills, and enrichment camps and retreats.
- Income generation training includes business skills education, the provision of equipment and materials to start businesses, and microenterprise opportunities.
We do seminars for children, and learn how to relate with the communities, family members each etc
We disciple and do leadership programme to holistically disciple young people with emphasis on spiritual growth, character development and preparation for service.
- We are committed to Discipling a whole person so as to transform a whole community and the whole world for God’s glory.
- Mission Statement: Discipling a whole person to transform a whole community and the whole world.
- Stimulate spiritual growth in the young people’s lives
- Inspire young people to discover their purpose in life
- Prepare young people to serve God in the local church
- Prepare young people to impact their communities and the world for Christ
- Strengthen one’s ability to relate with others
- Church ministry: Mid-week services, weekend celebration services, special events.
- Students are attached to various departments within church Ministries to serve and learn practically.
We builds community resilience through programs addressing HIV and AIDS, and Child Health, and Water & Sanitation. Sometimes all three programs will be implemented in one community, or sometimes one program must be at the center… all depending on what is needed most or what is needed first. And sometimes one program leads to another altogether, where HIV and AIDS men’s and women’s groups morphed into Village Savings and Loans groups!
The goal: life in all its fullness. By preventing death and increasing health, JCDC health programs have a profound impact on the future of those reached. we feed the malnulshed babies and children . we do disaster responses such as shelter renovation